Responsible for ensuring that customers have a positive shopping experience by
receiving exceptional customer service and product information.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks
may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to
perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be
modified, according to business necessity.
• Act and work in a manner that is consistent with company’s core values.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding and compliance with the company’s safe
lifting practices standard operating procedures.
• Complete all product specialist certification courses.
• Greet every customer in a helpful and courteous manner.
• Assist customers with product questions and selections.
• Process customers at check out using the point of sale (POS) system.
• Process customer refunds and exchanges according to established guidelines.
• Assist with ‘how-to’ presentations to customers.
• Follow established cash, check and charge card acceptance procedures.
• Answer the telephone according to accepted guidelines.
• Stock and tag merchandise displays as required.
• Create price tags and merchandise signs.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical/mental demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to
perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of
the job include:
• Able to read, write and speak English.
• Maintaining composure in dealing with customers, authorities, executives, clients,
and staff, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
• Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Frequent, walking, squatting, and bending.
• Handling and being exposed to cash, credit cards and checks.
• Regular talking and hearing.
• Occasional standing, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling,
crouching, twisting, pushing, pulling and crawling.
• Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
• Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Repetitive hand use (keyboard, scanner, grasping, applying force).
• Personal Computer
• Telephone and/or cellular telephone