Responsible for achieving sales budgets and providing an exceptional shopping experience to every customer through established company guidelines concerning sales, customer service, and staff training and development.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
• Demonstrated ability to increase the company’s overall market share.
• Demonstrate the ability to drive and teach the company philosophy around the basic P’s of retail. The basic P’s of retail include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrate the ability to merchandise strategically and utilize the company guidelines outlining merchandising practices.
• Ensure store presentation standards are achieved and maintained.
• Conduct weekly competitive shops.
• Communicate pricing and/or inventory issues to the senior team.
• Demonstrate the ability to analyze and work all business reports in order to be in the best merchandising, in-stock and pricing position. Reports include but are not limited to the following:
Profit Los statements (P&L)
Category Performance Report (CPR)
Business Analysis Tool Report (BAT)
Store Purchase Order Analysis Report (STPOA)
Store Price Change Report (STPRC)
• Demonstrated ability to utilize computer and point of sale systems to maintain accurate inventory, cycle counts, and profit and loss management, including shipping and receiving of inventory.
• Guarantee safety and security of customers and employees by following established guidelines and procedures regarding loss prevention and risk management.
• Assist the General Manager in supporting, modeling, and enhancing seamless customer service focus by creating an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and quick for customers and co-workers.
• Ensure brand standards and operating standards meet or exceed expectations to support brand consistency.
• Ensure maximum scheduling coverage especially during peak traffic periods.
• Review and assess the performance of associates on a timely basis.
• Train, develop and supervise and define workload associates.
• Monitor associate retention and career development; communicate ideas to General Manager.
• Address and document unsatisfactory performance and policy violations of associates through administration of disciplinary action and performance counseling.
• Ensure compliance to scheduling, hiring, payroll and business planning processes.
• Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support company expectations and systems.
• Assist the General Manager in handling store level human resources or loss prevention issues as necessary.
• Available to open and/or close the store in an effective manner.
• Regular attendance and a full-time commitment are essential functions of the job.
• Perform additional managerial duties as necessary.
• Interface with corporate headquarters employees.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to perform in a high volume, highly complex location.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter.
• Demonstrated proficiency in recruiting, hiring, and training associates.
• Excellent communication, delegation, follow-up, and analytical skills.
• Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment in managing a fast-paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency.
• High school graduate or equivalent. College degree preferred.
• Three to five years retail management experience and proven ability direct operations.
• This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
• Maintain composure in dealing with executives, customers, vendors, applicants, and staff, in group settings and in situations requiring high performance and results.
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with customers and store personnel; maneuver around sales floor, warehouse and store office; lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings according to the needs of the business.
• Product Specialists
• Telephone and/or cellular telephone
• Copier, Scanner, Fax
• Fork Lift